Home > Study Options > Study at High School > High School Graduate Program

High School Graduate Program

If you are 12 years of age or older and want to study for longer than one year, then our High School Graduate Program is for you. This longer term program will give you the opportunity to pursue your individual academic interests and ambitions, gain a world class education and aim to graduate with the South Australian Certificate of Education. You can commence your studies at the beginning of any school term from Year 7 to Year 12. To enter directly into Year 12, you will need to have successfully completed Year 11 equivalent in your home country and provide evidence of your English proficiency if you are coming from a non-English speaking country or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.

If you will be studying for one year or less, you can enrol in our High School Study Abroad Program or Regional Study Abroad Program.

Entry conditions

Academic requirements

To apply for the High School Graduate Program, you are required to have achieved passing grades in your main academic subjects.

English requirements

To help you succeed in your studies and adjust to life in South Australia, we may recommend that you undertake the intensive Secondary English Course (ISEC) as part of your study program. There is no additional cost if you undertake ISEC. Your progress will be monitored to determine if you require 1, 2, 3 or 4 terms of ISEC before entering mainstream classes.


We will arrange your accommodation with a caring homestay family who will help you experience life in South Australia. Alternatively, you can nominate to live with a relative or family friend.

Program inclusions


  • application processing
  • school placement
  • homestay placement
  • pre-departure pack

On arrival

  • Adelaide Airport meet and greet
  • homestay family introduction
  • school welcome and tour
  • school enrolment assistance
  • school orientation program
  • school materials and initial stationery

English language

  • Intensive Secondary English Course (ISEC)
  • ongoing English support

Student support

  • personal and subject counselling
  • school term academic progress reports
  • academic transcript (if required)

Safety and wellbeing

  • Overseas Student Health Cover
  • regular wellbeing check-ups
  • 24 hour emergency phone service

Overseas Student Health Cover

As an international student, you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your student visa. OSHC is medical insurance which will help pay for doctor’s fees, ambulance, x-rays and blood tests, hospital cover and medication.