Host a student
Extend your family and expand your horizons
Our team arrange homestay accommodation for international students who are 12 years of age or older while they are studying abroad in South Australia. You can choose to host a student for a period of time that best suits you or your family.
Who can be a homestay?
There is no such thing as a typical homestay family. You can be single, a couple, family with children, empty nester or retiree. Whoever you are, what’s most important is that you are committed to the program and provide a caring home for our students.
What will you gain from being a homestay?
There is no doubt you will all learn a lot about a new culture, food, language, customs and traditions but you will also have the chance to:
- participate in activities and meet other homestays
- rediscover your own backyard through the eyes of an international student
- make lifelong friendships and memories with your students
You’ll care for them and we’ll care for you
When you host an international student, they will become a member of your family. Your student will be a long way from home and in your care so you will be expected to provide them with a safe, supportive and welcoming home environment.
Being a homestay is an important responsibility but it is not one you will have to face alone. We will provide you with:
- a personalised home visit and information session
- a homestay allowance
- a homestay handbook
- homestay newsletters and updates
- an exciting range of homestay activities and giveaways
- ongoing support via our Homestay Accommodation Team
- 24-hour emergency telephone support service
As a homestay, you will be required to meet certain expectations. To learn more about what is expected from a homestay, watch our video below.