Please note: South Australian Government Schools have places available in all accredited high schools, with the exception of the following schools that are at capacity for Semester 2, 2020:
- Adelaide High School
- Brighton Secondary School
- Glenunga International High School (please contact us should you be interested in the IB Diploma at GIHS, as there may be places available in the IB Diploma)
How to apply
Please use this process as your guide to enrolling in a South Australian government school.
1. Ask for assistance
If you would like assistance with your visa and student application, please contact an accredited education agent.
As the student visa application process can be complex, we highly recommend that you use the services of an education agent. If your student visa application is rejected, we may no be able to offer you a place in a South Australian government school.
2. Choose the program that is right for you
South Australian Government schools offer three high school programs:
3. Check the fees and additional expenses
Before applying, check the fees and budget for any additional school and living expenses. How much will it cost?
4. Choose a school
We have many quality accredited high schools to choose from. Choose a school
5. Complete and submit your application form
Before you commence your application, please read the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment and have the following information and documents ready:
- South Australian accommodation address (if known)
- emergency contact (name, address, telephone)
- visa details (if currently studying in Australia only)
- recent colour passport photo
- translated school reports for past 2 years
- translated statement from your current school
- English language competency test results (if applicable)
- Chinese Middle School graduation certificate (if applicable)
6. Return Acceptance of Offer form and arrange payment
Your application will be assessed and if accepted, a school placement will be confirmed. A Letter of Offer will be sent to you or your agent. Return the Acceptance of Offer form and arrange payment of fees as indicated in your Letter of Offer. Once we have received this form and payment you will be sent a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), Letter of Confirmation and, if applicable, Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter. Students on a Tourist Visa do not require a COE or CAAW letter.
7. Lodge your Australian visa application
Lodge your visa application and advise us as soon as it has been granted. Visa information
8. Book your flights and purchase travel insurance
Book your flights to Adelaide, South Australia and advise us of your flight details at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. We also recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover your airfares and possessions.
9. Prepare to depart
We will send you a pre-departure pack to help you prepare for your trip to Australia.
10. Arrive into Adelaide, South Australia!
If we have arranged a homestay for you, we will meet you at Adelaide Airport and introduce you to your host family. We will notify your parents or agent of your safe arrival.