How to apply

Please use this process as your guide to enrolling your children as Dependants.

1. Complete and submit your application form

Before you commence your application, please read the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment and have the following information ready:

  • copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) issued by your tertiary institution
  • copy of your Tertiary Scholarship Verification form completed by the university
  • copy of your visa and family passport details and visa

You can either complete the online form or download a  Dependants of Scholarship Holders Application Form.

Some tertiary institutions will request your completed Dependant application and documents be sent to them. They will then complete the Tertiary Scholarship Verification form and forward your application to International Education Services, Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) on your behalf.

Your application will be processed and:

  • if you are a student with an approved scholarship, you will receive a Letter of Authority, Acceptance of Offer form and Dependant Notification of School form.
  • if you have been awarded a partial tuition fee waiver and are required to pay partial fees, you will receive a Letter of Offer for your children and an Acceptance of Offer form

Please note: Dependant fee waivers are for the period of the tertiary scholarship, not the duration of the visa.

2. Return Acceptance of Offer form

For students with an approved scholarship, please return your Acceptance of Offer form to International Education Services, Department of Education and Child Development (DECD).

For students with a partial tuition fee waiver, please return your Acceptance of Offer form and arrange payment of fees as indicated on your Letter of Offer, which will include tuition fees for two school terms. If your children commence or finish part way through a term, a weekly fee of 10% of the term fee as per the Dependant fee schedule for the relevant year will apply.

Upon receipt of your form and payment, a Letter of Confirmation and Dependant Notification of School form will be sent to you.

Following the initial payment on your letter of Offer, you will be invoiced every semester to cover the Dependant fees for the following semester (two terms). Your final invoice will be determined by the date your children finish school.

3. Enrol your children

Most government schools are zoned according to location. When you have confirmed your South Australian address, you can find a South Australian government school for your children based on the zone in which you will be residing.

Please note: due to some schools being at capacity they may be unable to accept your enrolment and alternative schools will be suggested.

To enrol your children, take the following documents to your local, zoned government school (subject to capacity) for each child:

  • Letter of Authority or Letter of Confirmation
  • Dependant Notification of School form with your contact details completed
  • your visa and family passport details
  • proof of your South Australian residential address
  • copy of school report (translated and certified)
  • copy of relevant health information

Following enrolment, the school is required to return the Dependant Notification of School form to International Education Services, DECD.

Your local school may advise you to enrol your children in an Intensive English Language Program to improve their English language skills before commencing at the local school. There is no additional fee to enrol in this program.

Please note: you will also need to pay the Materials and Services Charges set by the school. These charges vary depending on the school from $200 to $900 per year and are payable directly to the school.

Begin my application

Choose your language