The school holidays are here – time for some fun with your friends and family!
Do you have any of these ideas on your activity list?
South Australian Museum School Holiday Program
What about checking out the Capturing Biodiversity program at South Australian Museum? As part of the program there are lots of interesting activities.
For international students, this is a fantastic way to learn more about the Australian environment and all of the animals in it from the very small to the very large.
- Following the self-guided tour from the main foyer of the museum through the South Australian Biodiversity Gallery
- Sharing phhttp://blog.internationalstudents.sa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/capturing-biodiversity.pngotos on the Nature Wall
- Going on a wildlife safari with Wallaby Bob!
There are also several workshops that you can get involved in
- Photographing Nature – hints and tips on how to take a great nature photograph
- Pinning Insects – learn techniques for pinning insects for collecting and research
- Leafy Sea Dragon Puppet-making – using foam construction, make your own Leafy Sea Dragon!
Entry to the South Australian Museum and the Capturing Biodiversity activities are free.
Visit the South Australian Museum school holiday program webpage for more information on dates, times and booking details.
Christmas Pageant Trail
The Christmas Pageant is a South Australia tradition that will celebrate its 80th year this year. You will struggle to find a South Australian who has not been to a Christmas Pageant.
As part of the celebration activities the Art Gallery of South Australia are hosting a Credit Union Christmas Pageant Trail along North Terrace, Adelaide between Thursday 4 October and Sunday 7 October.
The trail will take you from North Terrace, through the State Library of South Australia, the South Australian Museum, the Art Gallery of South Australia and the Migration Museum.
To start you off, collect your Trail Passport when you arrive at North Terrace and collect the stickers along the way.
Participating in this event is free. Visit the Credit Union Christmas Pageant Trail webpage for more information.
Visit the Migration Museum
Located near the South Australian Museum and the Art Gallery of South Australia is the Migration Museum where you can learn about the settlement of South Australia and all the people who came here.
Check out the What’s On page and when you get there, ask about their Detective Trail!
Visit the Migration Museum page for opening times. Admission is free.