How to apply

Please use this process as your guide to enrolling your children as Dependants.

1. Complete and submit your application form

You can either complete the online form or download an application form. Before you commence your application, please read the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment and have the following information ready:

  • copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or Letter or Offer from your tertiary institution (for Assessment Level 3-4 countries only)
  • copy of your passport details and visa (if available)
  • copy of your children’s passport details (if available)

2. Return Acceptance of Offer form and arrange payment

Your application will be processed and you will be sent a Letter of Offer for your children. Return your Acceptance of Offer form and arrange payment of fees as indicated on your Letter of Offer which will include tuition fees for 2 school terms and if less than 2 terms you will be charged at the term and/or weekly rate depending on the length of the course. So if your children commence part way through the term where it is less than 1 or 2 terms, a weekly fee of $117.50 (Primary School) or $140 (High School) will apply for the part term.

Once we have received this form and payment you will be sent a Letter of Confirmation and Dependant Notification of School form.

Following the initial payment on your Letter of Offer, you will be invoiced every semester to cover the Dependant fees for the following semester (two terms). Your final invoice will be determined by the date your children finish school. If your children finish part way through a term, the weekly fee of $117.50 or $140 will apply.

3. Enrol your children

Most government schools are zoned according to location. Once you have worked out where you will be living, you can find a South Australian government school for your children based on the zone in which you will be residing. Please be aware that due to some schools being at capacity they may be unable to accept your enrolment and alternative schools will be suggested.

Take the following documents to your local, zoned government school to enrol your children:

  • Letter of Confirmation
  • Dependant Notification of School form with your contact details completed
  • your visa and passport details
  • proof of your residential address
  • documents relating to each child
    • copy of school report (translated and certified)
    • copy of other relevant school information
    • copy of relevant health information

Your local school may advise you to enrol your children in an Intensive English Language Program to improve their English language skills before commencing at the local school. There is no additional fee to enrol in this program.

All full fee-paying international tertiary students are also required to pay the school materials and services charge set by the local school at which your children will be attending. The school materials and services charge is set by the individual school depending on the materials and level of services provided. The charge usually ranges from $200 to $900 per annum and must be paid directly to the school.

Begin my application

Choose your language