Each November families and friends gather on Adelaide’s streets to witness the traditional start of the festive season with the Credit Union Christmas Pageant. Over 300,000 people line the city route and await the exciting arrival of Father Christmas.
From humble beginnings of just eight horse drawn floats and four bands, the event has grown to include 63 mechanical floats, 16 bands, 11 dancing groups, clowns and walking sets. More than 1,900 people volunteer to make the pageant possible.
On Saturday 8 November, starting at 9:30am, the entire South Australian community is invited to bring their biggest smiles and waves to cheer on the spectacular procession as they prepare to welcome Father Christmas as he makes his way to the Magic Cave located at David Jones on North Terrace.
The Credit Union Christmas Pageant has prepared some handy tips to ensure you get the most out of your day, including:
- arrive early to get a good spot to view the Pageant
- bring some colourful chalk to decorate the Pageant route while you wait for the starting whistle
- download the Pageant float list and route map
- download the free Pageant app for iPhone or Android
- check out the Pageant Facebook page for the latest news
- keep in touch on Twitter #cupageant
- take lots of water and munchies with you!
The Credit Union Christmas Pageant is a family event. Enjoy the spirit of Christmas and community!