2024 International Student Ambassador Program
Do you want to connect with likeminded international students and help support the international student program?
Do you want to build on your leadership skills and collaborate with international students from around the world?
Become a South Australian Government Schools International Student Ambassador and be a voice for international students studying in South Australia. As an ambassador, you will be pivotal in helping to promote South Australia as a study destination.
You will have the opportunity to work in teams focusing on key areas to improve the international student experience for others. You will also have access to personal development sessions, team-building activities and exclusive experiences for ambassadors.
Most importantly as an international student ambassador, you will be able to form lifelong friendships and make a difference within your school community.
“The moment I put on my ambassador shirt was honestly my absolute favourite memory. It’s so rewarding to be an International Student Ambassador and I’m looking forward to continuing in this program and supporting other international students.”
– Jenny, Vietnam
Frequently Asked Questions
- Help promote South Australian Government Schools and South Australia as a study destination to current and potential international students
- Provide content to be shared on South Australian Government Schools social media channels
- Share your positive experiences and advice with potential international students
- Attend, support and provide mentorship at events that aid in the promotion of South Australian Government School Programs
- Be a part of one of our working groups that focuses on key areas to improve the international student program
International Student Ambassadors are required to attend all ambassador events where possible. We understand if study or school committments (e.g exams) may prevent you from full attendance.
Ambassadors are also required to remain actively engaged in the program, contributing to activities and tasks when required.
- Become part of a team and gain life long friends
- Develop initiatives that support both international and local students in becoming better global citizens
- Opportunity to work with South Australian Government Schools, becoming a ‘face’ of the brand and featuring on our social media channels
- Build your CV with international student ambassador professional development and activities
- Receive a reference from South Australian Government Schools
- Build your confidence in social settings and with the English language
- Make new friends, have new adventures, and explore many events and activities South Australia has to offer!
All high school students (Year 7-12) are able to apply to become an International Student Ambassador.
- Working groups focusing on topics such as students events, student wellbeing and cultural understanding.
- Leadership and professional development workshops.
- Networking events to meet and mingle with other international students.
- Official ambassador training events
- Celebratory dinner